Business Profiles

DHC Utilities

Contact: Ray Densley
Work Unit 3, Park Road Ind Est Park Road Timperley WA14 5QH United Kingdom Phone Number: 07753259174 Membership Type: Join Date: August 11, 2020 Website: Website


What Do I Do?

The first thing you should do is immediately suspend introducing new water and waste materials into the drain. This means stop flushing your toilet, stop running water, and cease any activities that involve your outgoing waste water pipes until you have identified whether you have a blockage.

It is then advisable to contact a drainage specialist to identify if the drain is public property or private. In the event of the former, your local authority have a legal obligation to correct the problem for you.

who is


The responsibility for drain repair will depend on whether the drain is public or private.Your local authority has a legal obligation to repair damages to public drains.If the drain is on your property however, as a homeowner, you have a responsibility to fix any issues relating to your drains.Those who are tenants will need to consult their tenancy agreement to identify whether or not their landlord is liable for the repairs.

how to


Regular maintenance is the best solution. This is typically a yearly clean and review of your drains by a professional to insure any small issues don’t build up and become a larger problem.

You can also make sure that you don’t introduce large objects into your drains as they can easily become stuck.

Also give consideration towards what you put down your drains in regards to grease, fat, large amounts of paper and non bio degradable items such as sanitary products and ear buds.

Connections Business Directory | Leaflet | © OpenStreetMap contributors

Unit 3, Park Road Ind Est Park Road Timperley WA14 5QH United Kingdom